Sunday, March 29, 2009

Studying in process


me studying...

Sasi's luggage being sat on

Satish trying to fix it while Sasi wanting to
open it

I wonder how spongebob will be

He is fine =D

testing out some local sweets


you know the taste when you look at his
face

near our BBQ area


other big dogs

the small dog guarding the
guard room



place for tourist, the place we BBQ
is actually a tourist attraction and
military training ground for
students that just enter the University
guy toliet

trying to light the fire

Sun set


Sasi and Tom trying very hard to keep
their eyes open when taking
the pictures due to the flash
The moon

left hand and right leg cramp...ended up
in this funny pose
Its free and easy day today!!! But my group decided to spend the day in the service apartment doing project. As we had slept late yesterday, we decided to sleep in a little. I woke up at 9.30am, washed up and turned on my lap top. I had breakfast on bed, and I stayed on bed till 1pm when we had cup noodles.
I started editing my photo essay that I had done the night before. Looks like work can’t be done when I am sleepy. After editing, I decided to search in the internet on how to create a multiple form for a single project. There is indeed a lot of information about C# internet, so much that I don’t know how to choose it. After reading through most of the slides, I manage to find one particular one that is easier for me to understand. I tried the code and it seems to be able to work, I was so happy at that time. Satish wanted to look at the code thus he came to my lap top to look at it. He sat on the edge of Sasi’s luggage while looking at the codes. I guess he did not seat really stable and he fell back onto Sasi’s luggage. Sasi immediately unlocked her luggage to check if the spongebob she bought for Subaa was squash by Satish. The scene was so funny. When Sasi opened her luggage, we saw a spongebob with a nose crooked to the side. This scene makes the situation more laughable. Sasi told him “SATISH!!! You squash my spongebob!!” Guess what? He replied “Spongebob is a sponge” This scene makes me laugh for five minutes. This kept me awake till 1 plus. We had cup noodles for lunch and watching a movie by Jackie Chan on the television. After lunch, we continued with our work. This time, I tried to figure out how to move the OK button on a message box to the center but the information on the internet does not seem to work this time. At around 4pm, I went to take a bath and got ready to leave towards the BBQ pit. Upon reaching there, we saw quite a lot of them there already. They seem to have some problems with the area to BBQ. We waited for them to solve the problem, and we decided to walk around. We saw a lot of dogs but they are very big in size and look fierce. We were told that there was a small, white and cute dog. It was really very small with the name xiao bao. We were told that it belongs to a Ngee Ann Poly student that had came here previously. He bought the dog on the streets and it was very cheap then. We are not allowed to bring dogs back to Singapore thus he left the dog with the uncle there. The small dog was very well trained; it will run back to the guard house when it sees anyone going near it. They said that it bark at Dave when he tried to enter the guard room. Dave would purposely disturb it by running very fast past it and it nearly bit him.
We were lead to the BBQ pit area where we started to light up the fire. They do not have fire starter thus we resort to using dry weeds for fire. Everyone went around plucking dry weeds. After a very long time, the fire is ready for BBQ. Sasi and I help in poking the meat, toufu and man tou into satay sticks. I observed that the China students are very organizes and enthusiastic about the things they do or are involved in. We got a stick of food every now and then. The China students BBQ and serve the food to us. It taste so “Singapore”, a familiar taste overwhelmed my mouth. However, we did not get to eat a lot as it looks like the food is not enough for the rest. My group together with Tom decided to go to the KFC nearby to have dinner. We informed Mr. Ma and made our way there. In the KFC, we ordered the food and they told us that they don’t have this don’t have that. We ran out of patient and instead we asked him what they have. There were a few burgers here and there, finally we got our meal. In Singapore, we will not face such a problem; customers are always right. They would cook the orders for the customers no matter how late it is. We quickly eat our dinner and bought breakfast for tomorrow. We wanted to go back to help out in cleaning up but we met Dave and company on the way. They say it was cleaned up already so we made our way back to our service apartment. We purposefully asked Tom to come with us to our service apartment as we have something for him. We had bought a Chinese-English dictionary for him. He mentions that he would want to have one for himself. I could see that he was very touched when we hand over the dictionary to him. He insisted to give us something that we would not be able to get in Singapore. He assured us that it will be only something small.
We went back to our service apartment and settled down. Webcam with my mom and saw my favorite hamster.hehe.
Today, I learnt that we should not buy pets just because they are cute or cheap. This would ruin their life if we would not be able to take care of them for life. Being in a foreign country, I should not be expecting things to be similar to Singapore thus I should learn to accept it and reflect on how fortunate I am. Take all the discomfort I have as a point to study instead of grumbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment