Sunday, April 5, 2009

The tables in the fake KFC


Compare this with the real KFC

Chicken instead of fries and it is cheaper

Pepsi

Frieds
Satish trying very hard to use
a plastic chopstick
to eat noodles
Rice...my dinner
As I slept at around 1am this morning, I woke up at 9am. I had actually set my alarm to ring at 7am but when it ring, I woke up to switch it off and went back to sleep. When I woke up again, it was already 9am. I guess my alarm woke Sasi up instead. I started straight on my report after I brush my teeth. The report took up my time till 11.15am when I decided to go and bathe. We had to meet Tom at 12pm to get the train ticket and go for lunch.
We walked to the supermarket that is located next to the KFC. There is where students normally will buy their train tickets to go back to their hometown. When we went there, they told us that the train had stop working since March as the passenger taking it is too little and it is losing money. They are not sure when will the train resume its operation. Leaving us with no choice, we have to take the bus there instead. However, the time for travelling is no different. As the ticket for the bus is to be bought on the spot, we went for lunch instead. This time, we tried out the Fake KFC, the meals there is so similar to KFC. We ordered and went up to the second floor to seat down. The stairs to the second floor is very slippery, they must have not mop the floor for quite so time already. The staff bought up the food to the second floor us. We started our meal and I find that it does not taste as good as the real KFC. But Sebastian seems to be enjoying it and said that the burger is better than KFC. We went to check out the bank to see if they provide money changing services. They told us that money changing services are only available in places like the city. Sasi bought an umbrella, we looked at a cute umbrella with a cow printed on it and it cost 39Yuan. That’s expensive thus we chose another one which cost 16 Yuan. The only difference is that it does not have a cow being printed on it. As we were choosing the umbrella, the guys tried on the sun glasses. It was very cheap, 16 Yuan for one. It is fake Nike but looks like the real one. After buying our breakfast, we head back to the service apartment and we continued with our report.
Finally, the moment we have been waiting for has arrived. My report is done!!! Woohoo…One less thing to be worried about. I took the spare time before dinner to read Detective Conan’s comic online. At 6.15pm, we went down to meet the guys and we were surprise to see Tom there. He was gaming with the guys in the hostel. We had dinner at canteen two with him. After dinner, we had to return back to his hostel to some translation from English to Chinese. He told us that by translating 1000words, he will get 36 Yuan. He took a school bus to his hostel while we went out to get some roadside snacks. We hurried back to our service apartment as we will be washing our clothes today. After the washing, we will finish our journal post for today and continued with our mini-project. Oh ya, we have to thanks Shu Gen and company for lending an umbrella to us. Thanks guys =D
I do hope Mr. Chua will approve us on leaving on Thursday.
Today, I learn that train services in China are not as efficient as Singapore. There will not be cases of no train travelling to another place even if the passenger rate is so low. Fake KFC are not allowed to be establishing in Singapore. It will be asked to close it down. In China, there is more than one of this kind of shop in China. From all this examples I learnt that in different places, there is different culture for us to learn. There is endless knowledge to be learn in our whole life.

No comments:

Post a Comment