Sunday, April 5, 2009

sasi being very happy
as she can finally lean back to
do her work but we are going
back soon !!
The owner of this leg arrange the room
for us

ultraman on TV this morning



"issuance??"

Satay(Mutton)

"smoke is the easiest way to make dead"??
"Fresh air is approaching the ground"??

They sell fish kept in bottle...
so cruel

Time indeed flies when you are doing you work. We did our mini-project till two plus in the morning before we went to bed. Sebastian helped us pack our stuff and arrange everything in our room in order before going back to his service apartment. I slept till 9am and shortly after I am awake, the service people came up to our service apartment to clear the rubbish in our bedroom.

I brushed my teeth and decided to continue with my mini-project to look for enhancement. After a series of search, I finally found a way to make use of the timer in C#. I hope it is not being used yet, if not it is not going to help me in my marks. Mini-project-ed till 11plus and went to bathe. The guys came up at 12pm to have Maggi Noodles lunch with us. We hurried through lunch as we are going to the banks in the city to exchange for RMB. Upon reaching the banks, we went in to ask if they provide this service.

Many of the banks asked us to go to the China Bank which is bigger as they do not change for small money like Singapore dollar. When we reached China Bank, they told us that exchanging of currency is only available during the weekdays. We thought of going back on Monday but they told us that due to Qing Ming, there will not be this service till Tuesday. This was the same for all the banks in that area. Hoping for a slim chance, we continued to walk on and asked every single bank. We went to Carrefour to get Zip lock bag, Satish managed to find a shoe that fits him. The ladies serving us were laughing at how big his legs were. China’s size: 48. Finally, we decided to give up and go back to school as Sasi had to rush back to continue with her project. We will make further plans to change the money some other day. While walking to the bus stop, I saw people selling baby hamsters by the road. One of them belongs to Ah Moo’s (my hamster back at home) species. Took 901 back to school, the guys bought breakfast for tomorrow.

When we reached the hostel, it is already four plus already. We continued with the mini-project till six-thirty before heading off for dinner. Vanessa, my secondary school classmate talked to me a little on MSN. She told me she is in Wuhan for the 12th day at Shi Jia Village. She asked me how I survive here in Wuhan. She also told me that the things she saw were the same price as Singapore. What was amusing was that she told me she is going to get cancer soon because of the oily and salty food that she is eating in Wuhan. She will be going back on the 15th April, one day later than us. We met the guys for dinner at Canteen two. I had the claypot rice with cold red tea.

Today, I finally realized the importance of money changer in Singapore and how much convenience they have brought to us. In China, there is no money changer to approach and the things that is going to happen here is so unpredictable. We are not able to tell when the train is going to stop operating or when will changing of currency is not available to the people. Singaporeans are so used to working in a systemic way so much that a sudden change in the daily routine will cause us to feel so not used to it. Hope that we would be able to find time to go to the bank again within this week to change for RMB.

No comments:

Post a Comment